Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Books Read: January 2016


I cannot believe that it is the 10th already and I have yet to post the books I read in January. With the return of my knitting mojo I have been struggling to get my reading time in everyday. Even with that said I did manage to read my 4 books for the month.

1) The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky – this was not the best book to start the year off with. It is the story of a mother and daughter who are in a car accident one night where a man dies. Each one of them has their own secret they are keeping from the other about that night and it begins to tear them apart. I did not like either of the main characters. The mom seemed clueless and the daughter was extremely annoying. 

2) Purl Up and Die: A Knitting Mystery by Maggie Sefton – I enjoyed this book like all of the others in the series. The writing is not the best and I figured out the killer just reading the synopsis on the jacket but I love a good brain candy book and appreciate these for what they are.
 
3) A Box of Darkness: The Story of a Marriage by Sally Ryder Brady – this is a non-fiction book detailing the author’s marriage to her closeted husband. It was interesting to read but I found myself getting mad at her sometimes for her ability to bury her head in the sand. Then I would remind myself that this was the 60s and 70s and things were way different back then. It is a good view of a marriage and how things are not always what they appear to be from the outside. 

4) Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber – this is the second book in the Rose Harbor series. Again, like the mystery series these books will never win any literature prizes but they are fun reads. They are very predictable but I find myself pulling for the characters and the happy ending that you know if coming for them.

No comments: