Friday, August 07, 2015

5 on Friday


Holy moly I cannot believe that it is August 7th already. Before we know it we will be ringing in 2016. I have not been feeling well the last few weeks, well since June really. Depression is rearing its ugly head but I am trying my best to fake it until I make it. That being said here are some things that are happening around these parts.

1 Last Thursday I managed to get my foot caught in the leg of my PJ pants and in my flailing around trying not to fall I pulled or strained something in my side. It hurt so bad I could not believe that my rib was not broken.  I also managed to scare the crap out of poor Clark and was trying to console him while in major pain. It is starting to feel better though.

2) I have had a cough for the past 2 weeks. It is really annoying but after the incident noted above it has been painful.  It seems to be getting worse and I may need to break down and visit the doctor.

3) On Tuesday I went on a field trip to the Detroit Zoo with Clark’s summer camp. It was a beautiful sunny day with temps in the high 70s and a nice breeze. However, I have been forced to admit that I am sadly and pathetically out of shape. At the end when we were walking back to the bus I did not know if I would be able to make it. I need to get my butt in gear because this is ridiculous.

4) My brother-in-law came into town on Tuesday and is staying with us for the next 10 days. I try to be a good sport because they don’t see each other very often but I am a hermit at heart and having someone in my space is hard for me.

5) I booked a hotel and we will be heading up to Traverse City for a weekend at the end of the month. All I can say is holy crap hotels are expensive! It made me realize how lucky we have been for the past 11 years to have the house in the UP to go to. Vacation saving will need to be kicked up a notch from now on.

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks. 












Dehydration + a super hot day = 1 sick little guy












Clark and a statue












A sick day selfie












All set for Halloween thanks to my cousin's ex-wife












On the bus on the way to the zoo












 This guy was very animated












I love this!

1 comment:

A :-) said...

Hang in - getting in shape is one step at a time. I'm feeling like I'm in a similar boat. hope you feel better soon.