Monday, March 09, 2015

Books Read: February 2015


Well after bragging last month about my reading prowess February came and bit me in the behind. I only managed to read 2 books so I am now 2 books behind on the 52 in 52 challenge. I am not too worried since we are so early in the year but I do need to get reading. Luckily I have a trip to Myrtle Beach coming up next month so that should give me some good reading time between the flights and relaxing at the rental house. So in February I finished:

1) The Long Way Home by Robin Pilcher – Clair Barclay has returned to Scotland to help care for her ailing step-father. Of course dealing with her greedy step-siblings and the boy next door who broke her heart as a young girl makes things much more complicated. This is one of those books that I am not sure how I feel about it. I did enjoy it for the most part but some parts seemed a bit rushed at the end. 

2) Cold by John Smolens – during a brutal snowstorm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan a prisoner walks away from his work detail. He finds himself at the house of a young widow and then the adventure of staying on the lam while trying to find the girl and brother who put him away begins. I really did not enjoy this book and I had a hard time getting through it. I cannot quite place what it was that I did not like but I think it was the characters. Even the ones that were supposed to be sympathetic got on my nerves. However, it was fun to read about places that I have actually seen in person.

Here is to hoping that March’s book total is better. Until next time ….
 



No comments: