Friday, February 20, 2015

Five on Friday



Here we are at the end of yet another week. This has been a strange week around here and I am feeling pretty discombobulated. Without further ado here is what is happening around these parts.

1) We had a nice Valentine’s Day. I made steaks and mashed potatoes for dinner and red velvet cupcakes for dessert.  Clark enjoyed his gifts – a garland of hearts I knit, and a Spiderman book and LEGO set. 

2) Monday was a day off for Clark and I. We made our traditional day off of school to the mall for lunch and playing in the kids area. It is always a zoo there but we got there about an hour later than ususal and had to wait forever for our food. I thought I was going to pass out from low blood sugar and it took a couple of days to recover. 

3) I put in a request to leave work a half hour early next Wednesday for Clark’s dentist appointment and it was denied. When I pushed back and asked why I was given a BS reason but my boss, like any bully, backed down. I really do not want to have to fight for every time off request but I have a feeling this is the way it is going to be.

4) It has been bitterly cold. When I got in my car at 7:30 this morning it was -13 degrees. School has been cancelled the last 2 days because of the wind chills. I always said that I can deal with the cold and hate the snow but I am starting to reconsider that statement. 

5) We are three days into Lent and I am doing well with my goals. I really wanted to stop and get McDonald’s for breakfast because I usually treat myself to it on paydays but I just drove on by. 

Here are some pictures for the week.












Heart pancakes for my little Valentine












Little man and his Spiderman












Yummy Valentine's Day dinner












This seriously is getting old

No comments: