Wednesday, January 21, 2015

FO: My Fingers Are Freezing Mittens


Presenting my first FO of 2015 – the My Fingers Are FreezingMittens. I only had fingerless mitts – which are falling apart anyway – and my fingers were freezing when I would go out to clean off the car and take Clark to the bus stop. I decided that I needed some cozy mittens to keep my fingers warm.













Pattern: Simply Chunky Mittens by Marla Holt

Needles: Size 10-1/2 bamboo DPNs

Yarn: Highland Handmades Basswood Bulky in Heather’s Dilemma 

Modifications: The pattern called for size 10 needles but I used what I had 

Comments: This was a very easy and nice pattern. Using bulky yarn they knit up quick – I started these on January 6th and finished them on January 15th.  I won the yarn in a contest through the Knit Sip podcast. It was very nice to knit with and I love the color. I am loving the final product and am glad to finally have warm fingers .

No comments: