Monday, December 08, 2014

Books Read: November 2014




Well it is official – I will not read 52 books this year (again). I am ok with failing on this goal (again) but I do hope to read more books than I did in 2013. Since I read 45 books last year and I am now reading book #44 for this year this should be achievable. Of course I have not read a page for two days so I will need to get moving. In November I did manage to complete three books.

1) Rescue by Anita Shreve: when Peter – a paramedic – pulls Sheila from a car wreck he manages to fall in love with her. Sheila ends up pregnant and as her past catches up with her she eventual leaves Peter and their young daughter. Now after 18 years she maybe the only person Peter can find who can reach their daughter who is going down a bad path. 

2) Shelter Me by Juliette Fay: Janie LaMarche is adjusting to her new role of widow with two kids when one day a builder arrives to start the porch her husband bought her as a gift before his tragic death. As the porch comes together she works through her grief with an assorted cast of characters – including the builder who has some secrets of his own.

3)Home Again by Kristin Hannah: Angel DeMarco is a huge star whose hard partying ways have ruined his heart. Now he is back home in Seattle after 17 years and his cardiologist is the woman he left behind all those years ago. Now he must face her, the daughter he didn’t know he had and his perfect brother who also happens to be a priest.

No comments: