Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Books Read: August 2014

So my momentum is starting to slip. I am a few days behind the schedule I need to reach to read the 52 in 52. Of course, since I am me, this is causing me some stress. I really need to get a life. Moving on - in August I managed to read:

1) Seeing a Large Cat: An Amelia Peabody Mystery by Elizabeth Peters - in the 9th installment of the serious our favorite archeologists are once again trying to solve a murder while excavating a tomb in the Egyptian desert.

2) The White Princess: The Cousins War book 5 by Philippa Gregory - the finally installment in this series concentrates on the life of Queen Elizabeth - the mother of Henry the VIII - as she tries to unite the Tudor and York houses.

3) The Litigators by John Grisham - David Zinc has a nervous breakdown one day going to work at his large Chicago law firm. He decided he needs a change and joins the firm of Finley & Figg - two partners who specialize in ambulance chasing.

4) The Last Boyfriend: Book 2 of the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy by Nora Roberts - in this installment we meet the 2nd Montgomery brother - Owen - as he attempts to romance restaurant owner Avery McTavish. He was her first boyfriend and wants to be her last as well.

No comments: